K25/K-lite Aluminium Roller ShuttersVersatile aluminium security shutters in a variety of styles
Because they roll up into a small box, our aluminium roller shutters are perfect if you have limited headroom, like in bar bulkheads.
K25 roller shutters can be either electronically operated or manually opened and closed like this one.
Their elegant, unobtrusive appearance makes K25 aluminium roller shutters a popular choice on residential premises.
Aluminium security shutters have a number of advantages over heavier steel roller shutters. They are small and elegant, yet lightweight and strong. Moreover, our aluminium roller shutters are quiet in operation and require little maintenance.
K25 aluminium roller shutters are very versatile and suitable for a wide variety of applications, from commercial to office to residential premises. And if you need additional peace of mind, there's also a security rated and insurance approved aluminium shutter available.
Available shutter types
Choose from several types of K25 aluminium roller shutters:
- Double skin extruded aluminium non-vented slat.
- Suitable for high security domestic, commercial and office applications.
K25 Security rated
- Double skin extruded aluminium non-vented slat fitted with anti-vandal wind endlocks.
- Suitable for domestic, retail and commercial properties requiring an above average level of security.
- Uses a single wall extruded aluminium slat. Available as punched or perforated and with or without glazing.
- Lightweight and compact, the K25 Vision is suited to medium security domestic, commercial and office applications.
- A very cost-effective roller shutter with a foam-filled curtain.
- Very lightweight, suitable for limited support structures and low risk security applications.
Images K25/K-Lite roller shutters
K25/K-lite roller shutters technical specification
Technical Specification K25/K-lite roller shutter
Extruded aluminium and lightweight foam-filled roller shutters
- Shutter curtain manufactured from extruded aluminium lath profile (K25) or foam-filled aluminium lath profile (K-Lite), with dimensions of individual slats as follows:
- Double wall 38mm high x 9mm thick (K25 Standard and Security Rated),
- Single wall 40mm high x 8.7mm thick (K25 Vision).
- Extruded aluminium guides with an integral box section for reinforcement and to facilitate fixing. Guiderails have high density 5mm pile brush seals for quiet and smooth operation. Guiderail dimensions as follows:
- 60mm wide x 24mm deep (K25 Standard and Vision),
- 70mm wide x 27mm deep (K25 Security Rated).
Lath with ventilation / light slots is available on K-lite foam-filled and K25 Vision shutters.
K25 Vision shutters are available with punched or perforated lath and with or without glazing.
Roll formed aluminium in two sections; top and bottom boxes. Bottom box removable for installation and maintenance and chamfered at 45°. The shutter box is assembled on steel endplates.
Manual push up/pull down operation; or electric operation by integral tubular motor with manual override facility. Safety brake fitted when required to comply with BS EN 13241:2003-1 (HVP Security Shutters' general policy is to fit a safety brake unless specified otherwise).
Bottom rail central key lock or guide pin locks. Electrically operated shutters are generally self-locking.
Polyester Powder Coated White or Dark Brown as standard; limited range of other colours available for K-Lite. A full range of RAL colours is available for the K25.
K25 Standard: 4000mmW x 5000mmH
(recommended max. 9m2 electric operation or 6m2 manual operation)
K25 Security: 3000mmW x 4000mmH
(recommended max. 9m2 electric operation or 6m2 manual operation)
K-Lite: 3000mmW x 3000mmH
(recommended max. 6m2)
|Clear opening height (to underside of box)||Box size|
Contact HVP at 01392 270218 for shutter weights or any other questions you may have. We'll be happy to assist.
Technical drawings K25 roller shutters
Below are technical drawings of face fixed and reveal fixed roller shutter arrangements. Hover over the images for more detail.
General arrangementGeneral arrangement diagram K25 Aluminium roller shutter
Face fixed arrangementDiagram of a face fixed K25 Aluminium roller shutter
Reveal fixed arrangementDiagram of a reveal fixed K25 Aluminium roller shutter
Description K25/K-lite roller grilles
The K25 and K-Lite Aluminium Roller Shutters are very popular, because they can be used in many different applications, both internally and externally.
They are elegant, quiet to operate, and roll up into a small box. This makes them really useful in situations with limited headroom.
The foam-filled K-Lite is a very cost-effective product, suitable for low risk security applications. Optionally, it can have venting slots along the horizontal joins to allow for some basic air flow in domestic situations. For more strength and medium to high risk situations, the K25 is the right choice.
Available punched of perforated
The K25 is also available either punched or perforated to allow visibility and airflow through the shutter.
The K25 roller shutter is also available in a high security, insurance approved version. Approval has been gained as a result of independent testing to Loss Prevention Standard (LPS) 1175 Security Rating Classification 1.
Additional security features
The insurance approved verion of the K25 has the following security features:
- Bottom section of the shutter box is riveted after installation;
- All fixing screw heads are rendered unusable and are concealed behind cover caps;
- Curtain has anti-vandal wind end-locks;
- Extruded aluminium bottom slat, reinforced with a steel angle;
- High security guiderails, reinforced with steel plates at the base.
- Additional locking with a lock in the bottom slat or a pair of bullet locks attached to the guide rails.
Police preferred specification
The insurance approved version of the K25 roller shutter has also successfully undergone Secured by Design evaluation and can display the 'Police Preferred Specification' mark.
Secured by Design identifies technical standards and evaluations which test the competence of security products and their resistance to criminal attack. The tests and evaluations are carried out by UKAS approved test houses.
K25/K-lite roller shutter suitability
The K25 and K-Lite are very versatile shutters suitable for a wide range of applications, including:
- Reception counters
- Shopping malls
- Day centres
- Computers rooms
Downloads K25/K-lite Roller Grilles
Below you'll find downloads for our K25 and K-Lite aluminium roller shutters.
- K25/K-lite Brochure - K25/K-lite Security Roller Shutter Brochure
- Architectural drawings on request
- K25/K-lite Specification - Roller shutter L20 format specification
- Full specification pack - All the above in a single download
Please contact us for further information such as roller grille weights, available colours, technical advice or project specific drawings. We'll be happy to help with any further information you require.