Planned roller shutter maintenance
Planned maintenance is crucial to avoid problems with your security roller shutters. Professional maintenance prolongs the life of your installation, keeps your shutters secure and in a good state of repair.
Through regular maintenance, any problems can be detected early. This helps avoid more expensive emergency repairs in case of a breakdown. HVP provides professional nationwide roller shutter maintenance and service.
Benefits of regular roller shutter maintenance by HVP
- Regular maintenance helps avoid the sudden loss of income when a malfunctioning security shutter restricts access to your premises.
- During maintenance visits a service engineer can detect any abnormal wear and tear or damage to your roller shutter. Early detection of potential problems helps you avoid emergency repairs.
- Regular professional maintenance greatly increases the life expectancy of your security roller shutters.
- Regular maintenance helps avoid potentially dangerous situations.
- Through regular planned maintenance you fulfill your legal requirements to keep your roller shutters in a good state of repair.
Legal requirements for building owners
If you're the owner of a building, you have a legal requirement to keep your security roller shutters in a good state of repair. These requirements are specified in the following regulations:
- Regulation 5 of the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Regulation 5 of the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
Record of roller shutter maintenance
It's also a requirement that you keep a documented maintenance record of all servicing and repair work done to your roller shutters. HVP provide you with a maintenance logbook with all new installations of roller shutters and doors to help you comply with the legal requirements of your shutters and doors. We also keep a copy of all work undertaken in our own company administration (Door and Hardware Federation's Code of Best Practice).
Planned maintenance best practice
The HVP Maintenance & Repair team follow the Door and Hardware Federation's Code of Best Practice for the repair and maintenance of commercial and industrial doors. This means we:
- Have a quality Management system in place through our ISO certification
- Can demonstrate an internal audit trail
- Our staff have undergone relevant training
- As a business, we have an adequate level of insurance
Contact HVP Security Shutters to set up an annual maintenance program for your roller shutters and doors. You can telephone our roller shutter service and maintenance team on 01392 270 218 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to help.
Roller shutter repair
As well as planned maintenance, we can also assist you should an unexpected problem develop with you roller shutter. See emergency roller shutter repairs for more information.